Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Headwear

IMGP5198
I had found a pattern for a baby hat but could not for the life of me figure out how to read it, so I just made up my own pattern. I basically just made a large circle, and then once it was big enough, started adding rings of the same size, causing it to curve downward. I then found a tutorial on how to do a scalloped edge and added that to the bottom. The flower pattern came from here. The yarn for the hat is cotton and doesn't stretch much, so I really hope it fits!

IMGP5209
I also made this little headband from this pattern and then made up the flower myself when I couldn't find a pattern that I liked. I can't wait for Olivia to wear these, and I'm sure I'll be making more hats and headbands for her as she grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment