Thursday, December 29, 2011

Baby Goodies

IMGP6883
I went to a baby shower this week, and made these treasures for the mom-to-be. This is the "circus elephant" from More Softies Only A Mother Could Love.

IMGP6876
Isn't he a cutie?!

IMGP6886
He's a skinny elephant :)

IMGP6846
And this cozy swaddling blanket with a hand-stitched "Y" for their last name will be the perfect fit for a boy or a girl, since they don't know yet what they're having.

IMGP6857
This adorable flannel animal print is sooo soft! I love it!

IMGP6908
What good is a hand-made gift if the wrapping isn't equally pretty? I repurposed a hot pink box I had, covered it with brown craft paper, cut out and glued on part of a card that I actually received for Patrick's baby shower, tied it all up with some lace from the stash and a piece of turquoise paper twine, and slipped in a berry sprig. I think I had as much fun, if not more, with the wrapping as I did with the actual gift.

IMGP6871
And a sewing day is never successful until you have made a sufficient mess. Happy sewing and crafting!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I'm actually trying to learn how to sew. I love your fabric patterns and colors. Where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually buy everything at JoAnn's usually. I have occasionally bought some special fabrics from Anna Maria Horner's or Heather Bailey's collections, but the designer fabrics can be kind of expensive. These were from JoAnn's. I go to the one out on the 202 and Santan Village Pkwy. They seem to have a much larger fabric selection than some of the other stores. We should go sometime!

    ReplyDelete