Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Pasta

IMGP4307
On Friday, my parents came over for dinner - a sort of impromptu get together after a little shopping with my mom, since my dad was already on this side of town for work. I decided to use another one of our flavored pastas and some ingredients I had gathered for this fish recipe. The pasta is a handmade chili cilantro linguini. The recipe was supposed to be for Ceviche, which I had no clue involved soaking the fish in lime juice for over 4 hours rather than cooking it, and since our dinner plans were a bit last minute, I came up with my own recipe. I also wasn't too keen on the idea of eating cold fish, so grilling it in a pan with a little olive oil seemed much better. I sauteed the veggies first in olive oil and lime juice with a generous portion of fresh cilantro. It was a mixture of carrots, yellow bell peppers, onions, garlic, and red chilies. Once the veggies were tender, I added the halibut and cooked a little longer then served it all on top of the chili cilantro pasta with a few cilantro sprigs. Turned out pretty yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment