Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Booties & A Blanket

IMGP5111
My mom and I flew to Seattle for my best friend's baby shower a couple weeks ago, and I took with me this adorable blanket and bootie set as a gift. The fabric is, of course, Anna Maria Horner and can be bought as a pre-measured set in different color schemes here. There's no pattern, so that part's up to you. I just made sure to leave enough fabric from each color to make the booties and then used the rest for the blanket.

The booties are one of the many adorable patterns found in Anna Maria's new book, Handmade Beginnings. They're a fairly quick and simple project, and they're absolutely adorable. I used the green fabric from the trim to make the outside, the blue flannel for the inside, and the house/deer print for the soles. I used leather buttons and cotton elastic for the details.

The best part about both of these items, if made with Anna Maria's new lines of fabric, Little Folks and Folksy Flannel (I feel like a spokesperson... maybe she should hire me to do sales, lol), they are sooooo buttery soft. This blanket makes the perfect swaddling blanket and the booties are so creamy and flexible. If you're wondering why I'm talking about this fabric as if it's food, just walk into any store that carries these two lines of fabric (not Michael's or JoAnn's by the way... you have to go to a specialty shop) and feel them for yourself. One touch and you'll understand my obsession. No quilting fabric I have ever touched feels quite the same. They're usually so stiff and course. These, however, are printed on a cotton voile, and they are heavenly!

I can't wait to make a pair for Olivia out of the fabric that I bought in New York. I got a great sampling from these lines of fabric in some beautiful pink prints.

So fun! I love baby showers :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Tarrah for the beautiful homemade gifts and for trekking all the way up! It was so nice to see you and your mom (even if she did vacuum my drapes, gosh I feel so awful about that).

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete