Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Quick Update

Well, we are moved into our rental in Tempe, and we have been busily unpacking for the last few days. Just about everything has found its place, though we still have quite a few odds and ends that don't quite fit and may have to just be stored in boxes somewhere for a while. I will definitely post some pictures once things get tidied up a bit more.

The kids are adjusting just fine. We had to remove the rail on Patrick's bed in order to get it out of his old bedroom, and we actually decided to leave it off and turn it into a toddler bed for him. We bought him some "big boy" bedding, and he is loving his new "night night" quarters. I have been so pleased, though I really shouldn't be surprised, that he has been so good about staying in bed. He gets in and out just for fun during the day when he's playing in his room, but when it's time to take a nap, or go to bed for the night, he climbs right in and doesn't move until I come get him. I'll hear him at the end of a nap or in the morning lying in there talking to himself, and when I come in to get him, he just looks up at me until I tell him it's time to get up and then he pops up and slides out. He has always been an obedient nap-taker, and Olivia is following the same pattern now as well. I guess all that Babywise and To Train Up A Child teaching and training has really paid off. It truly has been a tremendous blessing!

We attended one church service at a brand new church called The Anthem the day after we moved. They meet on Sunday nights at the theater on Mill. It was started by a couple from Albuquerque, NM along with a team of about 14 or so people (if I remember right). They definitely have a tremendous passion for the Lord, and I am sure that they will be used by God to do some incredible things here in this town. Luke and I are thinking and praying about where God would have us fellowship. Perhaps this one is it. I think we definitely want to give Calvary Tri-City at least one try as well. We shall see...

And that's about it for now. Pictures of this cute little house will be coming soon! Thank you all for your covering of sweet prayers as we continue to make this transition. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment