Friday, April 22, 2011

Home Sweet Home

<span class=
Welcome to our new home!! We finally got everything mostly put away, and this house will probably never be quite this clean again, so I thought I'd take you on a little virtual tour of the new digs. As you can see from this picture and the one below, I FINALLY got my fabric shelves organized!

<span class=
And this has now become my favorite room in the house. We're calling it Mommy and Daddy's play room.

<span class=
I have plenty of room to sew and craft.

<span class=
I am envisioning some very girly and very fun craft gatherings around this table. I can't wait to invite some friends over and make good use of this space!

<span class=
Our office space is no longer in our bedroom, which feels great.

<span class=
The books are no longer within Patrick's reach, as he is not generally allowed in this room. One less temptation for those curious little hands.

<span class=The living room and the studio/office through those double doors.

<span class=
The apple painting made its way out of the kitchen and into the living room. Also, I recovered the piano bench in a really fun, bright fabric from Heather Bailey's Pop Garden line.

<span class=
Our "quaint" little kitchen and dining area. I really do love this space. It has so much character. But I say "quaint" because we're a bit lacking in storage and work space.

<span class=
It could quite possibly be that I just have way too many kitchen items, but what can I say? I love to cook. Speaking of which, you can see two little herb plants sitting in the window. I bought some basil and some rosemary and I tried them out this week in a homemade pizza.

<span class=
Here's the new island in use, providing some much needed counter space.

<span class=
I used some of the fresh rosemary leaves and mixed them right into the dough.

<span class=
I brushed the crust with olive oil, then sprinkled with parmesan and garlic powder, topped with sauce, fresh mozzarella, and sliced tomatoes...

<span class=
...then threw on some of that fresh basil for the last couple minutes in the oven. Yum!

<span class=
We finally have a usable backyard, which has been so nice for Patrick.

<span class=
It's divided into a front and back section, which means less to take care of. We're thinking we might get a swing set to put out in the back part.

<span class=
More of the saltillo tile that's laid throughout the house.

<span class=
The kids' very cute little bathroom.

<span class=
Olivia's sweet room.

<span class=

<span class=
Patrick's room.

<span class=

<span class=
Our bedroom.

<span class=
And a peek into...

<span class=
...the smallest bathroom in the world!

And that's about it. We are loving our little home and are so excited to have all of our friends, new and old, over for fellowship and of course food. So feel free to invite yourselves :)

No comments:

Post a Comment