Saturday, May 7, 2011

For Baby

IMGP6131 copy
My sister-in-law, Kelli, is expecting a little one in a few weeks, and her shower was this weekend. What better way to welcome a new baby than with some handmade goodies...

IMGP5959
I started with this Noah's-ark-themed blanket. Jacob and Kelli are waiting to find out the gender of the baby until the birth, so I went with a mix of bright colors and patterns.

IMGP5971
The yellow back is a very soft flannel.

IMGP6095
This little guy, as well as the ball, are from a pattern book called Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts, though I think their definition of "last minute" is probably a little looser than some would care to use. I guess in the world of quilting and sewing, where projects can take months to finish, a few days or hours seems like last minute.

IMGP6096
He's called Peanut the Wee Elephant.

IMGP6113
This one and the dog rattle are from a book called More Softies Only A Mother Could Love. I sort of went to town on his eyes. I love doing hand stitching and embroidering. There's something so organic and personal about it.

IMGP6114
I just love his little feet.

IMGP6120 copy
This little cutie is crocheted and stuffed and has a little rattle insert in the head. I couldn't find rattles at the craft store, so I just repurposed one of the kids' old rattle toys. They have so many; they're not going to miss one. The parents-to-be have two dogs and one of them is a silver lab named Romeo, so I thought this little pup should have a silver coat as well.

IMGP6098
This one is called a Puzzle Ball. It's the perfect size and shape for itty bitty fingers to grab onto.

2 comments:

  1. So cute Tarrah! I've posted this a million times and darn it all the computer is having issues. But great job!! XO - K

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all of them! Can you give me you address so Isaac can stop by on Thursday to give you your dish. My phone was MIA when you guys called, sorry! Jessicabanegas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete