Monday, August 17, 2009

Julie & Julia

This sweet film couldn't have landed at a better time in my own life than right now, as I too am beginning my own cooking (and crafting and homing) quest and sharing about it through this blog. I honestly had no idea what this movie was really about when I started my own recipe of the week tradition just a few weeks ago, so I was pleasantly surprised and touched when I went to see this with Luke this past weekend. I discovered that Julia Child was so much more than a good cook and was introduced to another kindred spirit in Julie Powell. What's more, as cheesy- no pun intended- as this may sound, I learned quite a bit about myself as well. Aside from my love of food and cooking, I share something much more important with these ladies, a determination to find joy in life, and to stick to that thing which brings you joy regardless of what anyone else thinks. This blog of mine may bring 1 reader or 1,000, but what matters is that I am making a mess in the kitchen (and in the studio) and I am capturing those precious moments on these pages. So, my advice to anyone who's reading this is find your passion and make the most of it. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment