Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas New And Old

IMGP3936.JPG
I absolutely love decorating for Christmas. I love the lights. I love the ornaments. I love the vintage. I love the surrounding of special treasures both new and old. This simple vintage nativity is always a favorite. It is a sweet reminder of the King whom we celebrate this season.

IMGP3895.JPG
This beauty is both new and old. It was an early Christmas present from my grandma. She thought my studio needed a dress form, and she found this great vintage one (probably from the 40's) at a Goodwill back in Indiana. They brought it all the way here with them.

IMGP3894.JPG
All of the parts are adjustable, so if I ever decide to actually use it, I'll be able to fit it to my size.

IMGP3891.JPG
This quilt in the background is a yo-yo quilt that my great grandmother made.

IMGP3918.JPG
Here's one of Luke's ornaments from when he was little.

IMGP3934.JPG
I love these old song books. The Christmas Carols one has bright colorful illustrations to go with each song.

IMGP3931.JPG
These are some vintage garland beads (probably from the 40's or 50's). They look almost like little candies piled up in this dish.

IMGP3905.JPG
A little wooden train for Patrick nestled under the tree.

IMGP3915.JPG
And the newest addition to our Christmas collection, for the newest addition to our family. My brothers and I all had Snow Babies for the tree, so I thought it was the perfect first Christmas ornament for Patrick.

Merry Christmas everyone!
With Love,
Luke, Tarrah & Patrick

1 comment: