Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cute As A Cupcake!

IMGP3821.JPG
I've been dying to share this one with all of you. It was a gift for Chef Madison that her mother asked me to make, and she got it today as an early Christmas present, so I'm finally free to let you all in on the cuteness.

IMGP3822.JPG
I used this adorable cupcake print for the body, a cherry red fabric with tiny white dots for the trim, and some sweet yellow fabric with red and orange dots for the details.

IMGP3836.JPG
The back comes together with these extra long ties.

IMGP3841.JPG
And this pocket is trimmed with some fun rick rack. I fought the urge to make two little pleated cupcake pockets with appliqued frosting trim as well as a set of matching potholders with the leftover fabric. As I informed Madison's mom, despite every creative inch of my being begging me to add these extra details, reason and sanity won out during this already busy holiday season. Perhaps another time... Happy baking Chef Madison! You are now properly outfitted!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The rick rack reminds me of being a little girl! I'm sure Maddie will love this and wear it!

    ReplyDelete