Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Creative Gifting

For lack of better ideas this year, we got gift cards for our family members. But if you know me, I can't just give a gift card. It seems so impersonal. So I did a few other things to spruce up the package.

IMGP3957.JPG
I made these little gift card wallets out of card stock and scrap booking paper. I glued two pieces of card stock together back to back and then attached a smaller piece of decorative paper to the inside for a pocket. I then machine stitched around the perimeter to reinforce and attached an elastic band through two little eyelets to hold them shut.

They make for nice little envelopes for those gift cards that would otherwise be somewhat impersonal.

Everyone who got a gift card this year also got a dozen of these Crunchy Dried Cranberry-Chocolate Chip Cookies wrapped up in these beautiful boxes. I got the plain white boxes at JoAnn's, carefully disassembled them, and glued them to the wrong side of this elegant fabric. I then just cut out around the box and reassembled it with a bit of glue. The cookies inside were wrapped up in red cellophane, and the boxes were then tied up with this beautiful gold ribbon and a sprig of sparkling berries.

IMGP3944.JPG
I wrote out the recipe for the cookies on these little cards and slipped them under the ribbon on the back of the box.

For my mom, my grandma, and my aunt, I baked these chocolate banana tea loaves inside of these fun ceramic pans, wrapped them up in more of the red cellophane, and included a hand-written recipe card.

I guess it turns out that our not-so-personal Christmas ended up being quite a bit more unique than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment