Monday, September 7, 2009

El Paso

IMGP3153.JPG
Welcome to Texas! Although, when you're in El Paso, it's easy to forget at times that you're still in the U.S. I'm sorry to say that my Spanish is pretty much non-existent, which makes communicating with family very difficult. Luke and I both decided during this trip that we need to learn. I promised my grandma that the next time we came back, my Spanish would be much better, to which she responded, "Okay! I will be checking up on you." Guess I've got some work to do.

IMGP3145.JPG
Here is Patrick with his great grandmother (my dad's mom).

IMGP3143.JPG
And with Tía Elva (Grandma Irene's sister).

IMGP3159.JPG
Here he is with Rema, my uncle Alvaro's wife, who I also met for the first time this weekend, since we weren't able to make it to the wedding. (Oh, and Fanny).

IMGP3168.JPG
With Alvaro and Rema.

IMGP3169.JPG
Meeting another little furry friend, Rose. I think she was actually a little bit smaller than Patrick.

IMGP3201.JPG copy
Mom and Dad even got to go on a double date with Al and Rema while Patrick stayed back with my Grandma. We drove along the old Mission Trail and stopped in at these missions. This one is San Elizario.

IMGP3175.JPG copy
Ysleta.

IMGP3181.JPG copy
And Socorro.

No comments:

Post a Comment