Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update on Life

IMGP3251.JPG
Well, in case you haven't heard, I threw my back out last Monday... we're talking down on the floor, can't get up, finally managed to belly crawl into my studio to get my phone, lying on the floor trying to get a hold of someone to come help, while Patrick sits in his seat (seen above) staring at Mommy in bewilderment and crying because it's past his naptime, until he finally just spreads both arms out in front of him, flops his head down and falls asleep sitting up. Oh my. I laugh now, but my poor back is still recovering. I finally went to see a chiropractor last week, and I have been back a few times since then. Things are looking up, though I feel like a robot moving stiffly about, as I have been instructed not to bend, twist, or any variation thereof.

Anyways... this is the reason I have been absent for a couple weeks, but I am hoping to start getting back to somewhat of a normal life. We may still have to hold off a while on Recipe of the Week. We shall see...

I just thought I'd ease my way back into blogging with a few photos from the last week or so. Above, Patrick is getting music lessons from my dad. He really does seem to enjoy listening to music. He will be frantically bouncing around, swatting at his toys, and then when the music starts, he stops and seems to almost sway back and forth with the rhythm of the music. At the very least, it definitely seems to calm him.

IMGP3255.JPG
Here he is sporting his Jungle PJ's with little rhinoceros footies.

IMGP3256.JPG

IMGP3260.JPG
Get it?... Charging rhinos...? Haha, well, I thought it was funny.

IMGP3244.JPGThis just absolutely cracked me up. I usually try not to have the television on when Patrick is up, but due to the fact that I did nothing but lie on the couch with an ice pack last week, it was on a little more than usual. Well, Patrick was absolutely enthralled. He sat like this for at least 5 minutes and probably would have stayed that way for the duration of the show if I hadn't moved him. I think I'm going to email this one to Dr. Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment