Sunday, November 8, 2009

Beauty in a Bowl

IMGP3582.JPGI think the pomegranate is one of the most beautiful fruits. My mother-in-law got me hooked on these a while back, and now I just love to open one up and pull out all the tiny arils. The little snap it makes as you pluck each one out is almost addicting, sort of like popping bubble wrap.

IMGP3577.JPGA ripe pomegranate is so full of color, like a richly painted canvas.

IMGP3576.JPGThey're almost floral in their design. This image reminds me of a blossoming orchid. When I think of all the magnificent creations, of which this is only one, that God placed here for our enjoyment and awe, I can't help but praise Him for His unsurpassed beauty... something we glean a fading hint of in these fruits. Taste and see that the Lord is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment