Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Tart Pan From Luke

IMGP3522.JPG
When I got home from my doctor's appointment today, I walked into the kitchen and found a gift bag on the counter and a smiling husband. When I asked what it was for, he said, "Just because." Inside was a new tart pan. I have been just baking these tarts in a regular pie plate, which works fine, but he knew I was wanting a real tart pan with a removable bottom.

IMGP3525.JPG
Well, we just had to test it out tonight, so I made this sautéed spinach and mushroom tart with ricotta and parmesan cheese, another recipe from the Once Upon A Tart book. The recipe calls for a double crust portion so that you can make a lattice pattern on top. And here it is, successfully transferred out of the tart pan and remarkably still in tact!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmm! can i request this for brunch?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I may not make this exact one, but I am planning on making something very similar :) And of course a few other yummy things. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete