Monday, November 9, 2009

Studio Makeover Part Two (and a barrage of links)

IMGP3584.JPG
So part two in this process was to do something about that unsightly and very old futon. My wonderful husband gave the formerly black metal frame a "quick" (haha, yeah right...) spray paint job, making it a soft ivory. Then, to cover up the formerly black mattress, I had this beautiful futon cover made (a project I wasn't willing to tackle on my own) by a fabulous seller on Etsy who responded to my alchemy request. The fabric is a luscious print from Anna Maria Horner's "Garden Party" line.

IMGP3603.JPG
Also, we finally got a couple things hung that have been sitting on the floor for far too long: a framed map of Ireland's County Kerry and Luke's doctorate diploma. The room is really beginning to come together. I have a handful of other projects for this room (and a couple other spots in the house) in the works. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment