Monday, November 2, 2009

Learning To Crochet

IMGP3503.JPG
I picked up a new hobby over the weekend. With the help of many many online tutorials, some very friendly people in the Etsy forums, and a little advice from a friend at church, I managed to teach myself how to crochet. And for my first project, I made a little cape.

IMGP3489.JPG
I used a very soft wool/cotton blend yarn and these two adorable little buttons that I dug out of my huge button collection. The pattern that I used came from a shop on Etsy called Leila and Ben. I actually ended up not following the pattern extremely closely because I made some mistakes early on that changed the way the pattern would need to be followed, and I didn't have the heart to unravel it and start over. So I sort of improvised. I think it still came out rather darling if I do say so myself. I also bought another pattern from them, which was the true inspiration for learning to crochet, and I will definitely be sure to share when it's done. Here's a hint: I won't be the one modeling this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment